If you’re reading this, you are probably curious as to who I am, what I am doing here, and why is there so much content on different areas of interest on this page?! What is going on here??
Believe me, if I could, I would choose a niche and roll with it. However, my marketing background simply does not allow me to just roll with one element, topic of interest, or component. To me, all the categories listed in my site menu bar above is MY MARKETING MIX. Basically, all of those areas form the core that is me. The brand that is Kimba’s Living consists of that mix of elements.
So here I am, recently launched this website just yesterday with the purpose of merging all the elements that form who I am into one single platform. I am excited!
Why is Step 1 for me Content Marketing?
First of all, let’s take a look at the definition of content marketing:
a type of marketing that involves the creation and sharing of online material (such as videos, blogs, and social media posts) that does not explicitly promote a brand but is intended to stimulate interest in its products or services.
Stimulate interest. If you are still reading this, does that mean I have stimulated your interest? The answer is in fact, yes. Haha, thank you, keep reading please!
Instead of pitching products or services, I am hoping to provide relevant and useful content to my future readers – whether you are just someone passing by, and reading content that you can relate to, or whether you are a potential collaborator whom I can maybe work with someday on a project or an article, or whether you are a future client whom I can maybe offer marketing consultancy services to in the future.
If you are like me, and looking to generate more leads or build better relationships with your audience through content marketing, here are a few key guidelines to how to do this well and achieve your goals:
- Establish a Content Marketing Strategy – this includes having a schedule for posting your content on various social media platforms, planning ahead, researching topics that would best relate to your audience, categorising and building a content database.
- Engage with your audience – find ways to encourage your audience to react to your posts. Competitions, giveaways, polls, forums, videos, little rants that people can relate to and would want to engage with you to discuss!
- The word “personality” also means get personal. Show your audience your personality, but also get personal with them so they can relate to you more. You are human, not a boring robot. It is okay to post content that is far from perfect, to post content on failed attempts at something, or bloopers. Sometimes if things are always amazing, they kinda lose their significance.
- Consistent communication and content driven marketing is always rewarded by search engines. The more you post, the more likely more people will find you.
- Build a community around your brand – the ultimate goal here is to have a sizeable community of content contributors, readers, clients, friends, strangers, regulars, newbies, one-timers, loyal nuts, preachers, evangelizers who will make your work life interesting and different every single day. Yay!
If this article has helped you in any way, please feel free to leave me a comment or send me your feedback to kimbasliving[a]gmail.com. I would LOVE to hear from you!!