Dairy Free Lemon and Coconut Cake

This is one of my favorite cakes to make for when we need a treat around the house that is suitable for my youngest daughter Silver, who is allergic to dairy, eggs, peanuts and cashews. It is amazing how we don’t have to miss out so much on treats just because we have a kid with allergies. The only problem is when we go out and people are unaware of what she cannot have, but when we are at home, it is so easy to whip up something yummy without dairy / egg. Ingredients:2 cups self raising flour1 cup sugar2 … Continue reading Dairy Free Lemon and Coconut Cake

For The Love of Trampoline

Purchased March 2013 – read full post and see more pictures from our first few weeks of using it here: http://www.kimbaspride.com/2013/04/almost-16-months-whats-new.html Photos taken earlier this morning Three years ago, we bought a second-hand trampoline that was only 3 months old and in excellent condition from a lady on a Facebook Buy/Swap/Sell Group. Today, we still firmly believe it was the best thing we ever bought for our kids. It still gets a lot of use and the kids still love it, and we spend a lot of beautiful days just hanging out in the trampoline as a family. It serves … Continue reading For The Love of Trampoline

Dairy Free Banana Pancake Fritters / Dairy Free Egg Free Banana Cake

My daughter is allergic to dairy, eggs, peanuts and cashews. So naturally, I have learnt to substitute a few things around the house to suit her. For example, Nutella for Sweet Williams Dairy Free Chocolate Spread. Cow’s milk for soy milk. Butter for Nuttelex dairy free spread. Eggs for silken soy tofu (for the soft texture in meals). We have adjusted really well, and our meals at home have been allergy-free 80% of the time. The other 20% include chocolate snacks (just stay away from her while eating it), ice cream (she has her own dairy free soy ice cream), … Continue reading Dairy Free Banana Pancake Fritters / Dairy Free Egg Free Banana Cake